Re: Converting PLT files or AutoCad output to TIFF format

My printer does the same thing for all formats but tiff (plt, pdf, etc.). I have started archiving to signed PDF, which allows you to "save as" a tiff file. So my workflow is plot to PDF (I have acrobat, btw), then save as a tiff for reproduction - I can do the save-as directly to my USB flash memory or to a temporary location for emailing.

FWIW, My printer requires CCITT Group 4 / LZW compression with a 1 bit (black/white, monochrome) file, and 400dpi matches the print hardware. Getting a good match will give you the best chance of getting a good print.

Jordan