Virginia Tech Campus tragedy

I know that we are all concerned about the tragic events at Virginia Tech. I sent an e-mail to Dr. Finley Charney who is a colleague and a faculty member of VT. Finley and I both lived in the Denver area during the Columbine shooting. Somehow the proximity and geographic familiarity magnified those events back in 1999. I can't imagine what the VT faculty and staff are experiencing today.

I just thought that I would share Finley's reply. I know that all on this list will keep VT faculty, staff and students in their thoughts and prayers.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

Harold,

Thank you for your concern.

I'm OK, but I do not have status of the rest of the faculty and the students.

This is just unbelievable. Norris Hall is next door to my building, and I could
actually hear some of the shots this morning.

Several of our CE classes are held in Norris, but I do not have classes there
this semester.

Finley

Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check savings https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2bbb&disc=y&vers=925&s=4056&p=5117