Re: Virgina Tech Campus - student opens fire this morning.

I will say that the entire Blacksburg area is in utter disbelief of what happened this morning.  There was very little anyone knew for a solid 3 hours - I had heard (via the 'net) one killed and one injured, but a friend phoned to say that the local hospital had temporarily shut down admissions in order to accept those injured on campus.  The winds we have today (up to 60mph gusts) are both unusual and have prevented medical evacuations by air. Based on recent reports, there appears to be more than 60 people shot/injured, in all, with survivors (~half) being transported to 3-4 local hospitals.

Unfortunately, as in all cases where there is a large information vacuum, rumors are rampant as to the details. I will not repeat any of them - as colorful as they may be - and wait for the story to unfold with a bit more certainty.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all the parents, friends, and families who have lost someone in this tragedy.
Jordan

Tom Skaggs wrote:

Prof Woeste was not on campus when the shooting occurred.  As many alumni, I’m anxiously awaiting additional news.

Tom