From: Donald Bruckman [mailto:bruckmandesign(--nospam--at)verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Copying sealed PE work for personal records

This didn't use to be that big a problem in the old hand-drawn days.
Employees would have had to stand at a copy machine plowing through
hundreds
of archived details when the boss might wandered in and ask, "what are
you
doing?".  But now, with the ability to copy vast amounts of intellectual
property that an employee may or may not have had a hand in designing,
it is
a particularly vexing problem.

I spend a lot of spare time on detail development (architecturally) and
it's
a bit annoying to know that a one time transfer to a flash drive could
literally give away every detail I've ever drawn to anyone with access
to my
library.

What steps can be taken to prevent this?  Beats me.  One has to allow
workers access to details, and that's the camel's nose into the tent.

In the end, I've sort of taken the attitude that I just can't waste time
worrying about it. Life's too short.