Re: Copying sealed PE work for personal records

On Apr 18, 2007, at 2:49 PM, Jordan Truesdell, PE wrote:

We have created - through regulation and law - a system where added value is not necessary, and the simple act of creation is sufficient.
Interesting thought. Probably even has implications for civil engineers, but definitely for us over here on the dark side because replication (mass production) is our stock in trade.

To risk putting words in your mouth i wonder if you might have meant "a system where added value is not necessary, and the simple act of branding is sufficient." Maybe as a corollary you could say that in such a system innovation is unimportant so long as you can defend your turf. That's typical of organizations, including states, who are at the top--a defensive attitude instead of an offensive attitude.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/