Re: Let the floodgates open (was: SHOOTINGS)

Jordan-

I'll try to develop a serious reply despite the "un-seriousness" of your post.

would you prefer.  <<<<<<

In my situation & the VPI one as well....there appears to have been no problem with "pre-crime" detection.........

since the "authorities" left us on our own we crafted the only response available to us.......everyone in the dept knew of the situation.  Myself & the people around me decided on the "run if he shows up with a gun"....not much of a plan but better than no plan.  We were cognizant of the potential problem but the probability of anything really happening was (IMO) incredibly small.

My drive to & from work was much more potentially deadly.

I'll leave it to the "professionals" to craft response policy.   I'll reserve my right & exercise my civic duty to critique it.........see if it passes the reasonableness test, which often it does not.

Your 2nd amendment comment   "I want to have a nuke"  is ridiculous, of course, and warrants no further comment.

and FYI ................ the period you lived in DC was AFTER the handgun restrictions were put in place

Which I believe was 1976  (the year the murder rate was near a local minimum)...........the murder rate rose again AFTER the restriction was in place

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/dccrime.htm

scroll down to see the per capita data

the DC handgun restrictions were toally ineffective in bringing down the murder rate since the rate generally rose in the years after the restriction was in place, peaking in 1991

I'll leave it to the reader to develop a theory as to the cause of the drop in the murder rate after 1991 (hint: it wasn't the handgun restriction kicking in 16 years late)

thanks for playing, better luck next time

I suggest you might consider reading the work of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.  Those who grow up & live in a western republic often find it difficult to imagine what govt gone wrong can "accomplish".

cheers
Bob