Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: GUN CONTROL[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:38:22 EDT
Thank you, Gregory. I, for one, really appreciate receiving information "straight from the horse's mouth." (If that _expression_ isn't common in OZ, I want to make it clear that it has no negative connotations.)
Ralph from California (where we have a "real" governator :)
In a message dated 4/25/07 2:23:18 PM, ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au writes:
Someone wrote against gun control:
Furthermore when and if the state or
federal government decides to confiscate all hand guns and other weapons as
they did in Australia, they will know who has them from registration records
and again, only law abiding citizens will give up their weapons leaving the
playing field in favor of criminals that will still have their weapons.
1. There was no confiscation, but a voluntary buy-out in Australia.
2. In talking about 'criminals' remember that thy are responsible
only for a tiny amount of 36,000 death a year in the US.
Any statement about 'only criminals having weapons' has no meaning.
Sincerely, Gregory from Oz
See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
- Prev by Subject: GUN CONTROL
- Next by Subject: Gun Control Listserve
- Previous by thread: GUN CONTROL
- Next by thread: Gun Control Listserve