Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
helical earth anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: helical earth anchors
- From: "Christopher Banbury" <cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 16:38:07 -0400
Speaking of helical earth anchors and wind loads reminds me…
I am researching a method to connect helical earth anchors directly to Simpson frame hold-downs like the PHD series.
Most of the helical systems intended for anchoring temporary buildings have a coil strap or cable that is intended to wrap over or through the structure.
The top end of the helical anchor would need to have a threaded end to receive a threaded rod coupler. Most of the helical anchors I have seen rated in the 2500# range have a proprietary end.
I think there may also be an issue with pre-loading the earth anchor.
Christopher Banbury, PE
Ark Engineering, Inc.
Phone: (352) 754-2424
FAX: (352) 754-2412
- Prev by Subject: Helical anchors in saturated soils
- Next by Subject: Re: helical earth anchors
- Previous by thread: Re: Below Grade Garage Walls contribution to Lateral Loads
- Next by thread: Re: helical earth anchors