helical earth anchors

Speaking of helical earth anchors and wind loads reminds me…

I am researching a method to connect helical earth anchors directly to Simpson frame hold-downs like the PHD series.

Most of the helical systems intended for anchoring temporary buildings have a coil strap or cable that is intended to wrap over or through the structure.

The top end of the helical anchor would need to have a threaded end to receive a threaded rod coupler. Most of the helical anchors I have seen rated in the 2500# range have a proprietary end.

I think there may also be an issue with pre-loading the earth anchor.

Thanks.

Christopher Banbury, PE

President

Ark Engineering, Inc.