Re: helical earth anchors

In a message dated 4/26/2007 4:04:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bart(--nospam--at)nbse.com writes:
I have not found any of these systems to work very well in liquifiable soils or in frost type situations.
I agree, nor do they "qualify" for resisiting lateral loads (perpendiclar to the "piles") unless you put them on an angle (in both directions in the same plane) and using them in compression only.

Antonio S. Luisoni
Conculting S.E.
Granada Hills, CA

See what's free at AOL.com.