Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: helical earth anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: helical earth anchors
- From: ASLCSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:49:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2007 4:04:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, bart(--nospam--at)nbse.com writes:
I have not found any of these systems to work very well in liquifiable soils or in frost type situations.
I agree, nor do they "qualify" for resisiting lateral loads (perpendiclar to the "piles") unless you put them on an angle (in both directions in the same plane) and using them in compression only.
Antonio S. Luisoni
Granada Hills, CA
See what's free at AOL.com.
- Prev by Subject: Re: helical earth anchors
- Next by Subject: High lift grouting
- Previous by thread: Re: helical earth anchors
- Next by thread: Helical anchors in saturated soils