RE: Let the floodgates open (was: SHOOTINGS)

Ah! But Jordan, with all respect to the one famous author of "time" who
passed away recently; there is still the Chronosynclasticinfindibulum!!!
Kurt Vonnogut for those who don't recall :>) Then there is Einsteins theory
that time can be folded over itself as was the theme of the recent film Déjà
vu. Personally, I prefer Vonnugut's ideas - because we can move back and
forth in time to witness any time from the day we were born to the day we
die (thus the idea of the Chronosynclasticinfindibulum).

Now that you think I'm nuts - the truth is that you can't stop someone from
committing a criminal act until they have committed it, but you can stop
someone from purchasing a legal weapon who is deemed mentally unstable or
capable of committing such acts. The shooter slipped through the system
because of flaws in the difference of how mental is differentiated from
medical health. This was discussed on most news networks today, btw. The
system can be tweaked and the results do not violate anyone's constitutional
rights but simply takes the mental stability of an individual into account
in greater detail than had he been arrested and required under law to be
committed where it would show up on his record prior to requesting a license
for a handgun.

Time to get back to tomorrow :>)

sinneD

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Structural Engineering Consultant
C-41250 (Exp. 3/31/09)
dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net
http://structuralist.spaces.live.com

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return
the original message to us at the above e-mail. Thank you.