Re: Mold growth

Thanks Richard.  I'll share with y'all whatever I can find on those sites.

Ray Shreenan
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: Mold growth

Ray,
As you said, mold growth depends on many things in addition to the length of moisture exposure.  A useful publication by the Foundation of the Wall and Ceiling Industry is called "Mold: Cause, Effect and Response".  Their web site is www.awci.org, phone: (703) 534-8300.  Another source is the American Industrial Hygiene Association at www.aiha.org.
Lawyers tend to look for the easy reason that they can get someone (an "expert") to say that they can measure.  Where we engineers and architects come in is designing buildings that do not use materials that are conducive to mold, and designing details that allow drainage of water that comes in around flashing or condenses in non ventilated spaces.
Good luck.  Keep us informed on what you find out.
Richard Hess S.E., A.E.