Re: Using steel chains as concrete reinforcement??

Unless somebody has some test data I would run from
this idea.  It seems more questionable than the old
idea of using un stressed PT tendon in place of mild
steel.

If the chains did not have some initial stress they
would not be effective until all of the slack was
taken up.  In addition it is not clear that the chain
would have the ductility that rebar has and which our
codes assume is there.  I also would expect that the
chain would have a lower stiffness than a mild bar.

On the other hand there has been some positive
experience uning bamboo.

Mark Gilligan