From: smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Tue, 1 May 2007 4:42 PM
Subject: "Certifying" Lifting Plates

We have lifting plates that we use for lifting our SIP panels into place.
They are bascially steel plates that are screwed to the SIP panels that
can then allow the attachment of the lifting straps.  We would like to put
a load rating on those lifiting plates.  I can obviously come up with a
reasonable load limit for the plates, but we are wondering if there is any
required "official" process that one must undertake.  For example
something that would be similar to an ICC-ES evaluation, but by maybe OSHA
or someone else.  Is anyone aware of anything like that?  Any requirements
that anyone might be aware of?

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI