From: Benjamin Maxwell [mailto:enginerd666(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: bay bridge

I've got to agree with Ralph that the pants story is the more amazing of the two.

Back to the freeway explosion and overpass collapse, did any other Bay Area engineers hear the explosion?  I live in Castro Valley and swear I was woken up by a huge boom that morning - not hearing another boom, I drifted back to sleep.  My wife thinks there's no way, but she sleeps like a rock.  By the powers of Google Earth it is exactly 13.21 miles, as the e-crow flies, from detonation location to my pillow.  Anyone care to back me up?

-Ben

Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Amazing.  Thanks!

But actually it's the lawyer suing his dry-cleaner for $67,000,000. for losing a pair of his pants that got me.  And it's actually going to trial.  And the lawyer is going to be a judge ...

Ralph