RE: welding spec for appearance

That can be so subjective.  I did a job like that and we found a railing on a nearby building that had very good looking welds.  The contractor and I agreed that these welds would be the criteria that had to be matched on our job.  It worked.

Bob Garner, S.E.

From: Andy Richardson [mailto:chuzman(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:16 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: welding spec for appearance

I am helping the architect with some custom handrail connections.  Considering the amount of effort that is being put into these handrails, I want to be sure that the appearance of the exposed welds matches the rest of the construction.  What specification or requirements should I use to ensure a nice looking weld.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy Richardson
Bluffton, SC