Re: Japanese Steel Shapes vs British Steel Shapes

Rainier,

I am sure there are other and probably better charts but here is a link that compares steel values for ASTM, BS, DIN, and JIS:

http://mdmetric.com/steel/metcat26.htm

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

raincat1(--nospam--at)aol.com
05/07/2007 06:18 PM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Japanese Steel Shapes vs British Steel Shapes

Dear All,

How does JIS G3101 SS400 compare to BS EN 10025/ 1-6 Class S275 and JIS3106 SM 490 to BS EN S355JR?
Can we substitute SS400 or S275 to ASTM A36 and SM 490 or S355JR to ASTM A572/992 Gr 50?
Any input will help!
Thanks,

Rainier C. Catubig
San Diego, California