RE: ASCE 7-05 Wind Load and Publication Costs

There was a Marx Brother's movie (A Day at the Races I believe) where Chico
is selling guides to determining the winning horse in upcoming races.
Groucho is the dup in this one who has ten dollars on him (which Chico of
course needs). Chico starts out with a Guide to the horses running. When
Groucho becomes frustrated at not being able to interpret the guide, Chico
tells him that he needs the Breeder's Guide to find out more about the horse
and the Jockey. This leads to another book to interpret the symbols of the
breeders guide and another to learn how each horse runs on a wet or dry
track until Groucho is out his $10 bucks and the horse he planned to bet on
wins anyway.
I think the Code committees have seen this film - when they start singing
"Liddia the Tatooed Lady" I'll know for sure (or was that the Circus movie).
The scam is still the same - if you got the cash they will think of ways to
separate the cash from the sap holding on to it:>)

Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer
Structural Engineering Consultant
C-41250 (Exp. 3/31/09)
dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net
http://structuralist.spaces.live.com
http://www.structuralist.net (new site and services coming soon)

confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and return
the original message to us at the above e-mail. Thank you.