Re: roller coaster supporting structure

The loads are "simple" physics. That said, what you're looking to do is very specialized design work, and the intricacies can probably only be understood through several years of experience under a designer who works with that type of structure. A single child killed on a roller coaster will make national, if not international, news. I would recommend either bringing in an experienced engineer, or declining the job.

Jordan

JC Wish L wrote:
Thanks Gerard,
I am designing the support structure (I mean frame supporting the rooler coaster). I need to know its loading behaviour, and how to get the value of those loads.
Any idea or refferences? TIA
Best Regards
Junata