RE: Cost of codes (was RE: ASCE 7-05 Wind Load and Publication Costs)

Scott -

I understand your point in absolute terms, but please compare how the
current approach is better than the one utilized when the 1994 UBC was
published. You may recall that the 1994 UBC was at the opposite end of the
spectrum in that one rarely needed to open another reference (at least that
was the case for me and my practice).

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS