From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 11:41 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: What do call your EITs?

Be careful.  In some states, the use of the title "engineer" is legally
restricted.  In those states, it does not mater what "adjective" is
place
in front of the title "engineer"...you cannot do it unless you are
license.  Other states restrict certain combinations of "engineer" and
some "adjective".  For example, in Michigan, the only legally restricted
title is "professional engineer"...to my knowledge.  You can see what
state restrict what in responses to a survery by NCEES here:

http://www.ncees.org/licensure/licensing_requirements_2005/survey_e.pdf#
1

Regards,

Scott