RE: What do call your EITs?

As an EIT in Washington, I have been called:

1) Staff Engineer
2) Will - No cards, no title
3) Project Engineer
4) Associate Engineer

It really don't matter to me what the title is.  I get paid the same
either way.

If you want the clients to listen to the EIT you might want to have a
title that sounds like he knows something.  If you don't mind dealing
with the clients then whatever is fine.  Otherwise if you give an
intern, or similar status expect to have the clients take the word of an
intern for exactly what it is worth.

I find this interesting considering how many ways the word engineer is
used:

Project Engineer for Construction Management majors, Operating Engineer
for someone with no degree who operates construction equiptment, Field
Engineer for people who have PEs / SEs, and for people who walk around
looking at things on a construction site relaying the information from
the construction company to the design engineers....maybe design
engineer is a good one.  I'm sure there is a janitorial engineer
somewhere.

What is the point of having all these rules if nobody enforces them?

Just an opinion from an EIT...

Will