Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Traprock Finish

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Thanks for the info.  I appreciate it very much.

I went to Kalman website and didn't see anything specifically for traprock
finish.  I looked at their brochure and they mention a "monorock" finish
which I assume is similar to a traprock finish.

I used to thick that traprock was just a generis name for a blend of
coarse aggregate in the concrete.  I recently learned it is just a surface
treatment of the concrete slab.  What I would like to know is how a
traprock finish differs from a dry shake surface hardener such as
Masterplate 200.  They are both put on during the finishing process and
worked into the surface.  Is traprock a cheaper alternative to a dry shake
hardener?  Is it a generic name or a proprietary product?

Thanks for any additional help.



From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:mstuart(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 6:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: RE: Traprock Finish

Kalman Floors

Matthew Stuart

Structural Department


Extension 1283

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Lewis [mailto:seaint04(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 10:39 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Traprock Finish

Can someone lead me to a good website that explains a traprock slab
finish.  IÂ?m looking for how to specify the application and a good
explanation of what it is.



******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********