Re: Beveled Washers for MC Channels

David,
As far as I know, bevelled washers are available but expensive and hard to find. i always recommend to fabricators to cut up some flanges from left over channels and use them to make washers=easy and relatively cheap. Another alternative is, if you have a good burning machine, is to cut flat bar in half on a taper to get your bevelled material and then drill. Sometimes it takes a bit of additional grinding. Shops do this all the time to make wedges for fitting steel.
Gary

davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com wrote:
A retrofit requires adding top & bottom plates to "box in" 2 existing MC channels.  I know the flange slope of MC channels is different than "standard" C channels.  Are beveled washers for MC channels readily available?  Are the same washers used for both types of channels?

David Finley