roof truss daiphragm forces

Hi
I just went thru a plan check for a garage with roof trusses (the house color is sand)  The plan check engineer wanted me to install straps across the ridges of the trusses to account for internal diaphragm stresses.  I designed the chords of the diaphragm.  I added a note for the truss mgf to add an additional 2000 lbs tension capacity to the ridge plate connection(I calced this) (for all the trusses) instead of the straps.  I have never had this comment before.  is this commonly done? or is this guy super conservative?

Tim Rudolph
Pinyon Engineering
Bishop CA