Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
roof truss daiphragm forces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: roof truss daiphragm forces
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 08:58:27 -0700
I just went thru a plan check for a garage with roof trusses (the house color is sand) The plan check engineer wanted me to install straps across the ridges of the trusses to account for internal diaphragm stresses. I designed the chords of the diaphragm. I added a note for the truss mgf to add an additional 2000 lbs tension capacity to the ridge plate connection(I calced this) (for all the trusses) instead of the straps. I have never had this comment before. is this commonly done? or is this guy super conservative?
- Prev by Subject: Roof Panel Safety Factors
- Next by Subject: Re: roof truss daiphragm forces
- Previous by thread: Re: Retaining wall extremes
- Next by thread: Re: roof truss daiphragm forces