Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fw: roof truss daiphragm forces[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Fw: roof truss daiphragm forces
- From: "Pinyon Engineering" <Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 07:21:06 -0700
This is a 40x36 2-story garage with a 5:12 roof slope and 2:12 ceiling vault with gable end balloon framed to the roof sheathing. They are mfg 2x light wood trusses. I talked with him an he was worried about the tension forces across the ridge in the truss members due to internal stresses caused by diaphragm action. I called out for 3x blocking at the ridge so both roof plywood planes could be nailed together.
seems like this plan checker is looking too deep
- Prev by Subject: RE: roof truss daiphragm forces
- Next by Subject: RE: roof truss daiphragm forces
- Previous by thread: RE: roof truss daiphragm forces
- Next by thread: RE: roof truss daiphragm forces