RE: roof truss daiphragm forces

I think I would thank the plan checker for his judgement and advice and then kindly ask him to affix his engineering seal to the drawings as required by law.

Bob Garner

From: Pinyon Engineering [mailto:Pinyonengineering(--nospam--at)hughes.net]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 7:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Fw: roof truss daiphragm forces

Dennis ,

This is a 40x36 2-story garage  with a 5:12 roof slope and 2:12 ceiling vault with gable end balloon framed to the roof sheathing. They are mfg 2x light wood trusses.  I talked with him an he was worried about the tension forces across the ridge in the truss members due to internal stresses caused by diaphragm action.  I called out for 3x blocking at the ridge so both roof plywood planes could be nailed together.

seems like this plan checker is looking too deep

Thanks

Tim