Re: Fw: roof truss daiphragm forces

No. He's full of beans.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

Pinyon Engineering wrote:
Dennis ,
This is a 40x36 2-story garage with a 5:12 roof slope and 2:12 ceiling vault with gable end balloon framed to the roof sheathing. They are mfg 2x light wood trusses. I talked with him an he was worried about the tension forces across the ridge in the truss members due to internal stresses caused by diaphragm action. I called out for 3x blocking at the ridge so both roof plywood planes could be nailed together. seems like this plan checker is looking too deep Thanks Tim