Re: Parking Garage Occupancy Category

  Daniel,
Is there a reason for the Occupancy Category III? We were designing a parking structure for a hospital which also housed a generator on the ground floor. When the Building Official understood that the generator was to provide emergency power to the hospital, we had to design the structure to the hospital's Category. When the hospital understood the increase in price due to the increase in seismic forces, they moved the generator somewhere else. I guess that was cheaper. You are doing the right thing: explain; but if your owner understands what he is doing and is willing to pay for it, that's his choice.
  Sorry this does not answer your direct question,
  Jim Getaz
  WInchester, Virginia