Re: Plywood over light gage shear wall

Jim-

That's a pretty small head diameter for a self driller / tapper for use in plywood

A number of years ago we did plywood shear wall (CoLA Shear Test Program) over steel studs & I recall that the screw heads were more like 3/8" or even larger.

I don't have the data readily available due to a crash   .........  archived  somewhere

Maybe the specs have been changed but it seems to me that a bigger head (3/8 or 7/16) would be better than .292" .  A head dia of .292 seems  pretty skimpy.

The screws were #8's or 10's

cheers
 Bob