Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Alternate Cold Joint Location[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Alternate Cold Joint Location
- From: "Ehrlich, Gary" <gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com>
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:27:57 -0400
FWIW, the building officials at the I-Code hearings currently in progress just approved a detail for the next IRC (2007 supplement coming out in July) that looks similar to Alternate A. Actually what they approved was a vertical bar with standard hook T&B wrapped around the top and bottom continuous bars, rather than the 90-degree bar, but it’s the same concept.
From: Bill Allen
A contractor has requested an alternate cold joint location. In the sketch found in the link below:
Alternate A is the method shown on the approved plans.
Alternate B is what the contractor wants to do.
The dowels match the slab bars.
Should I have a concern about the request?
T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Alternate Cold Joint Location
- Next by Subject: Alternate design method
- Previous by thread: Re: Alternate Cold Joint Location
- Next by thread: Re: Plywood over light gage shear wall