Re: Plywood over light gage shear wall

Note that the 2004 AISI Lateral Design standard (adopted by reference by the 2006 IBC) Section C2.2.2(4) requires wood structural panels to be attached to steel framing with a #8 flat-head self-drilling tapping screw with a minimum head diameter of 0.285" or #10 with a minimum head diameter of 0.333".