Re: 9-11 Wackos

My understanding of controlled demolition is that the charges do not go off simultaneously. It's "CONTROLLED" to minimize debris spread. So first explosion to the beginning time of global failure may take a matter of seconds.

Look at the Seattle Kingdome implosion....you see a bunch of explosion ring around the building, then a few seconds later, it begins to collapse and falls pretty quickly one that process begins.

Mr. Robertson's design of the World Trade Center saved thousands of lives. Without the luxuries we have today of sophisticated software to model collaspe scenarious I might add.

Yeah other big name engineers (who are in direct competition for the same types of projects) have stated they would have done things different and their designs would have stood up longer or not have collapsed. But that's hindsight isn't it?

IF we can stop people from flying planes into buildings, maybe that would be a good way to approach designing a safe high rise. I dunno, just a thought.

Freefall: mass and acceleration....an ever increasing mass (each floor falling on another) and acceleration (those things were too heavy to reach terminal speed from wind resistance) ...makes perfect sense to me.

-g