Re: 9-11 Wackos

In a message dated 5/25/2007 10:33:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com writes:
Freefall: mass and acceleration....an ever increasing mass (each floor falling on another) and acceleration (those things were too heavy to reach terminal speed from wind resistance) ...makes perfect sense to me.
Maybe I just don't get it but, in my mind, when an object in motion meets a stationary object, there is a lose of momentum thereby slowing down the acceleration process. Is this wrong? I'm still puzzled as to how the WTC towers collapsed at nearly the same time as an object in freefall would take to fall the same distance.
S.Macie, P.E.

See what's free at AOL.com.