Re: 9-11 Wackos

Momentum= MassxVelocity

In the the collapse, Mass increased at each floor  and velocity was increasing as well

On 5/25/07, Gerard Madden, SE < gmse4603(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
wouldn't it be gaining momentum at each floor? afterall, the shearing of the floor from the impact of the (oh I don't know say 20 stories of floor from above) takes a millisecond to break through...now when you reach the next floor with now 21 floors coming down there is that much more has to have to be stopped and the momentum resistance strength creates less and less drag due to the force increase (MASSxACCELERATION). Gravity is acting in the same direction as the movement of the mass, so it's not a text book example in college text book of perfect or idealized assumption of elasticity.

-gm