Re: High lift grouting

Doug,

Section 3.2F of the Specification of the MSJC (i.e. ACI 530.1-02).

It states:

"Cleanouts - Provide cleanouts in the bottom of course of masonry for each
grout pour, when the grout pour height exceeds 5 ft.

1. Construct cleanouts so that the space to be grouted can be cleaned and
inspected.  In solid grouted masonry, space cleanouts horizontally a
maximum of 32 in. on center.

2. Construct cleanouts with an opening of sufficient size to permit
removal of debris.  The minimum opening dimension shall be 3 in.

3. After cleaning, close cleanouts with closures braced to resist grout
pressure."

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI