Roof panel safety factors

I am involved in a project where we are reviewing the attachment of light gage steel roof panels to 3/4" OSB. The project is on an island surrounded by the ocean in all directions (130 mph, Exposure D). The vendor has supplied the test data for the steel clip and we are discussing what sort of safety factor to use. At another firm we routinely used a safety factor of the 3, so the allowable loads where 1/3 the value of the tested ultimate value. The roofing vendor is choking at the SF = 3 since the wind pressures were grossly underestimated in the program he used. Does anyone know how the ICC applies a safety factor when evaluating roof panels and fasteners?