Re: Roof panel safety factors

Drew,

Not to be contentious, but I have to wonder about the Exposure D.  Is this
an East Coast (i.e. hurricane zone) or West Coast island.  If East Coast
(i.e. hurricane zone), then it would be Exposure C if you are in a
jurisdiction that makes use of ASCE 7.  ASCE 7 specifically puts
"hurricane prone" regions into Exposure C.  If it is a West Coast island,
then you can ignore my comments.

As to the SF, minimum typical SF for connectors from my experience is 3
but sometime greater than 3.  I believe that the ICC-ES folks use 3 as a
minimum for connectors when they do their evaluation reports.  You might
look in the NDS and/or NDS commentary to see if it offers any guidance (or
Buddy might chime in).

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI