Re: Gas Turbine Short-Circuit Foundation Design Factor of Safety / Guidelines

I believe it is no longer in print, but the best book is "Design of Structures and Foundations for Vibrating Machines" by Suresh Arya, Michael O'Neill, and George Pincus.  From your load description I am guessing you are dealing with a GE gas or steam turbine generator.  If so, then you need to get their foundation recommendations which is extensive.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

Eknrinc(--nospam--at)aol.com
05/31/2007 09:38 AM
Please respond to seaint
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Gas Turbine Short-Circuit Foundation Design Factor of Safety / Guidelines

Can anyone point me to some guidelines for turbine foundation design (i.e. short circuit load concrete foundation design factor of safety, anchor bolt anchorage factor of safety, etc.)

Thank you in advance.

See what's free at AOL.com.