Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
steel - vibration analysis[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: steel - vibration analysis
- From: "David Topete" <dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:44:28 -0700
Checking vibration on steel framing for a mezzanine, I got 2 similar answers by following example 4.4 of AISC Design Guide 11 (Designing for Floor Vibrations) and the Floor Framing software from the www.AISC.org/steeltools downloadable software. While those answers were similar, the analysis provided by FloorVibe via Ram Structural System indicated members being increased about 60% (conservatively). Has anyone else encountered such a discrepancy?
David A. Topete, SE
v : (415) 512-1301 x21
f : (415) 512-1302
- Prev by Subject: RE: Standard format of submission of structural design calculations.
- Next by Subject: RE: steel - vibration analysis
- Previous by thread: Re: Gas Turbine Short-Circuit Foundation Design Factor of Safety / Guidelines
- Next by thread: RE: steel - vibration analysis