From: David Topete [mailto:dtopete(--nospam--at)gfdseng.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 4:44 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: steel - vibration analysis

Checking vibration on steel framing for a mezzanine, I got 2 similar answers by following example 4.4 of AISC Design Guide 11 (Designing for Floor Vibrations) and the Floor Framing software from the www.AISC.org/steeltools downloadable software.  While those answers were similar, the analysis provided by FloorVibe via Ram Structural System indicated members being increased about 60% (conservatively).  Has anyone else encountered such a discrepancy?

David A. Topete, SE

Structural Engineer

GFDS Engineers

543 Howard St., First Floor