Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
strengthening of floor joists with FRP's??[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: strengthening of floor joists with FRP's??
- From: "DOLLY TRIVIZ" <dktriviz(--nospam--at)msn.com>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:45:46 -0700
I have a project where we'd like to strengthen the existing open web floor joists (TJW) due to change of occupancy use. Loads have increased from 50 psf live +20 psf partition to 100 psf live with no partition loading.
Has anyone ever strengthened these types of joists using FRP's adhered to the bottom chord only?? Is this even a possiblity, considering the different materials (i.e. wood chords, steel web members, steel pins) used in the joists? Presence of piping/ducting running through the web spaces precludes the use of sheathing the sides of the joists with plywood, which was my first thought. Any other suggestions?? Thanks
"A friend is someone who reaches for your hand, and touches your heart."
- Prev by Subject: RE: Stone House
- Next by Subject: Re: strengthening of floor joists with FRP's??
- Previous by thread: Re: NEWS ITEM: (And what're the seismic parameters for Mumbai?)
- Next by thread: Re: strengthening of floor joists with FRP's??