RE: Standard format of submission of structural design calculations.

We are a small engineering firm (15 people) doing a variety of projects
- residential to heavy industrial.  To provide consistency from one
project to another, to help our younger engineers to develop the thought
process, and in two years figure out how the building was designed, we
developed a procedure for calculations.  Calculations should include the
following sections as a minimum:
O Cover Sheet including project, client, date, and revision.
O Revision History that shows the revision level, date, and pages
effected.
O Table of contents for larger calculations.
O Purpose of the calculation.
O Codes, standards, regulatory requirements including dates.
O Loads.
O Materials of construction
O Identify computer codes and revisions used in the calculation.  If
none used state none used.
O Assumptions.  If none state none.
O References
O Conclusions

Some are handwritten and some typed.  The younger engineers did not have
drafting (lettering) and are better off typing so they are ledgible.
Computer printouts are added as attachments.

Gary W. Loomis, P.E., Senior Structural Engineering
Master Engineers and Designers, Inc.