Re: strengthening of floor joists with FRP's??

I don't see how strengthening the bottom chord alone will work. Don't you have to look at the connections of the web members to the chords and how the chords are spliced if not continuous? You may be able to make the joist into a plywood box beam by adding plywood to each side of the joist and adding a metal strap along the bottom chord. Also, can you add or sister in new joists?

                        On 6/2/07, * DOLLY TRIVIZ* < dktriviz(--nospam--at)msn.com