Concrete Masonry Walls

Someone asked me a question I couldn't answer (since masonry isn't my expertise):

Say I want to build a building where the exterior walls are masonry (i.e. concrete block walls, not a masonry facade.)  The walls are structural, not infill for a framed structure.

If the front and back walls are 200 ft long, I would need control joints wouldn't I?  How do you detail control joints in structural masonry walls ?

Gail Kelley