RE: Concrete Masonry Walls

Try See a listing of all TEKS  (10-2B & 10-3)

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: gskwy(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:gskwy(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:22 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete Masonry Walls

Someone asked me a question I couldn't answer (since masonry isn't my expertise):

Say I want to build a building where the exterior walls are masonry (i.e. concrete block walls, not a masonry facade.)  The walls are structural, not infill for a framed structure.

If the front and back walls are 200 ft long, I would need control joints wouldn't I?  How do you detail control joints in structural masonry walls ?

Gail Kelley