RE: Concrete Masonry Walls

It is much less of an issue if the CMU wall is part of multiwythe brick
and block wall.  It is the brick layer that you really worry about things
like moisture penetration...unless you screw up the cavity space and
moisture can get to the CMU.

Single wythe CMU walls are more of a concern.  But, you are correct that
if you put in enough reinforcing, then you can either dramtically increase
joint spacing or even go jointless (depending on length of wall)...much
like what you can do with slabs-on-grade.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI