To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:56 PM
Subject: RE: Glass railing

I know how to but in Canada we cannot use glass guardrails that do not have
a top rail connecting all panels.  I also have a lot of trouble making the
connection work, especially with the connection to primary structure.  Our
load requirements are rather high ... and then I fight with the Client over
what "everyone else is doing" and never get asked again to do a guardrail
:^) But I guarantee my guardrails conform to the code ... they'll still be
there when the building is long gone!

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng, MIStructE, Struct Eng
Victoria, BC
Canada
vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net