RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors

Yes, no set of construction documents is 100% error free and no technical publication is 100% error free, but 24 pages of errata sounds excessive. Most constr. docs errors are typos inwhich we can interpret the meaning, (ie. "wood beam" spelled "wood bem." But a mistake in a formula in a technical publication can have disasterous results, (i.e. a "greater than" sign reversed to "less than"). From the postings, it sounds like ASCE dropped the ball at our expense.

Larry Hauer S.E.

From: "Mark E. Deardorff" <mdeardorff(--nospam--at)burkett-wong.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: ASCE 7-05 Errors
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:27:12 -0700

Not as bad as AISC's goof on the Seismic Design Manual. It was too extensive
to treat with errata.

Mark E. Deardorff, S.E.
Structural Engineer
 <http://www.burkett-wong.com/> Burkett & Wong Engineers
3434 4th Ave
San Diego, CA 92103
P 619.299.5550
F 619.299.9934
mdeardorff(--nospam--at)burkett-wong.com

  _____