Re: turn of the nut

Rainer-

Here's a link to a pretty good treatment of bolt tightening

http://www.boltscience.com/pages/tighten.htm

cheers
Bob

On 6/13/07, raincat1(--nospam--at)aol.com <raincat1(--nospam--at)aol.com> wrote:
Say I have a tapped hole, and I need full pre-tension on the bolt. How do I apply the "turn of the nut" method? How do I test representative samples as required by AISC? In this connection - I don't have a nut!

Thanks !!

Rainier C. Catubig
San Diego, California

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com .