Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Sole plate nailing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Sole plate nailing
- From: ECVAl3(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:13:57 EDT
When a sole plate for a wall is nailed to a wood floor, is the plywood on the joist or rim joist considered a part of the nail penetration or does the required penetration have to be into the joist or rim joist? UBC requires 16d's but with a 15/32" or 19/32" plywood floor diaphragm and a 1.1/2" sole plate, the 1.94" (12*D, NDS) required penetration into the joist is not met. NDS 12.3.4 specifies the penetrations is "..into the main member.."
See what's free at AOL.com.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Site Specific Analysis Sds and Sd1 values
- Next by Subject: RE: Sole plate nailing
- Previous by thread: Turn of the nut
- Next by thread: RE: Sole plate nailing